APTA members in good standing who wish to use the APTA logo to signify membership in the American Public Transportation Association must agree to the following terms and conditions.
The following logos are the property of the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) but may be used by APTA members in good standing in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth below. Use of one or more of the logos shall constitute consideration for, agreement to, and acceptance of the following terms and conditions of this license by the user:
- The following logos are the sole and exclusive property of APTA. These logos may be used only by APTA members in good standing if and only if such use is made pursuant to the terms and conditions of this limited and revocable license. Any failure by a user to comply with the terms and conditions contained herein may result in the immediate revocation of this license, in addition to any other sanctions imposed by APTA. The interpretation and enforcement (or lack thereof) of these terms and conditions, and compliance therewith, shall be made by APTA in its sole discretion.
- The logos may not be revised or altered in any way, and must be displayed in the same form and color as produced by APTA.
- The logos may be used in a professional manner on the user's business cards, stationery, literature, advertisements, store-front window, or in any other comparable manner to signify the user's membership in APTA. The logo may never be used independent of the term "MEMBER". Notwithstanding the foregoing, the logos may not be used in any manner that, in the sole discretion of APTA: discredits APTA or tarnishes its reputation and goodwill; is false or misleading; violates the rights of others; violates any law, regulation or other public policy; or mischaracterizes the relationship between APTA and the user, including but not limited to any use of the logos that might be reasonably construed as an endorsement, approval, sponsorship, or certification by APTA of the user, the user's business or organization, or the user's products or services, or that might be reasonably construed as support or encouragement to purchase or utilize the user's products or services.
- Use of the logos shall create no rights for users in or to the logos or their use beyond the terms and conditions of this limited and revocable license. The logos shall remain at all times the sole and exclusive intellectual property of APTA. APTA shall have the right, from time to time, to request samples of use of the logos from which it may determine compliance with these terms and conditions. Without further notice, APTA reserves the right to prohibit use of the logos if it determines, in its sole discretion, that a user's logo usage, whether willful or negligent, is not in strict accordance with the terms and conditions of this license, otherwise could discredit APTA or tarnish its reputation and goodwill, or the user is not an APTA member in good standing.
- Any questions concerning use of the logos or the terms and conditions of this license should be directed to the APTA's Director - Marketing and Sales at (202) 496-4824.