APTA has six different categories of membership. Please click on the links below to see dues calculation information and current rates for each category of memership.
Those entities (persons, firms or corporations, trustees or receivers, municipal or other government agencies) operating any form of organized public transit system within the boundaries of the United States or its territories and possessions, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Canada, or Mexico.
- United States Transit Systems
- U.S. Section 5310 and 5311
- Canadian Transit Systems - Bus & Rail
- Canadian Transit Systems - Bus-Only please see separate dues schedule for Canadian bus-only
A firm or corporation organized to provide professional management services to transit systems within the same boundaries as a U.S. or Canadian System provided that Management Company Membership shall not take the place of the transit system membership.
Organizations which supply goods and services to the transit industry; provide professional consultation services; or engage in the construction of transit facilities.
- Manufacturers and Suppliers
- Consulting Companies
- Contractors Contractors
Rates are available for Disadvantaged Business Enterprises, Minority-Owned Business Enterprises and Woman-Owned Business Enterprises.
- Non-Operating State Departments of Transportation
- Metropolitan Planning Organizations
- Government Agencies
Includes agencies of local or regional levels of government responsible for the planning and/or development of public transit systems
Broad-ranged category which includes the following:
- Associated Railroads (06a)
- High Speed Rail Authorities (06b)
- New Transit Enterprises (06c)
- International Transit Systems and Authorities (06d)
- D.C. Based Legislative Representatives (06e)
- Transportation Management Associations (06f)
- Publications (06g)
- State Associations (06h)
- Universities (06i)
- Public Interest Groups (06j)
- Vanpool/Carpool Providers (06k)
- Land Developers (06l)
- Single Professional Consultants (06m)
- Labor Unions (06n1 and 06n2)
Please call the APTA Membership Department for further information on category descriptions and specified dues.
Retirees are those persons who have retired from public transit systems or related businesses who wish to maintain their contacts with the public transportation industry. Individuals who are involved in or seek fee-based consulting activity are not eligible for membership in this category