This section lists the latest in proposed and enacted federal regulations affecting the public transportation industry. You can view documents related to regulatory processes including notices, comments, final rules, and associated references.
How to View Documents & Submit Comments
- To view proposed rules and notices:
Click on the topic name.
- To review APTA draft or final comments:
Click on the date listed in the APTA comments column.
- To review comments received by the FTA from all parties and submit your own comments:
Visit www.regulations.gov and search by docket number or keyword to find the appropriate rule or notice.
- To submit content to APTA or discuss the draft APTA comments:
Contact Linda Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To submit comments directly to the FTA:
Follow the directions in the notice.
Rulemaking Conference Calls:
Please stay tuned for future rulemaking conference calls.
Current Rulemaking Issues
Select a topic from the list below for related information. Within each chart the most current item is listed first, descending to the earliest item. You can also click on the issue areas listed on the left to view additional rules and notices.