APTA’s Industry Footprint portal offers the latest information on APTA member locations around the nation, the breadth and depth of public transportation services offered, as well as key facts and statistics, all offered at the state and congressional district levels.
Photo by Expo Construction Authority
Questions, Troubleshooting & Disclaimers
- Questions about how to use the tool? Click Here
- Is data on your locations or transit service missing? Click Here
- All information on APTA members is automatically generated content from the APTA Netforum database. For any updates to occur to the Industry Footprint, changes will have to be made to the APTA member provided content via NetForum. If you are an APTA member and wish to amend your location information, please contact APTA's Director of Membership, Helene Brett, at email@example.com.
- All data on bus sheds and rail lines are provided from automatic feeds from those transit properties reporting publicly in the General Transit Feed Specification, which is the most common format for public transportation schedules and related geographic information.
- Information on congressional districts, including boundaries, and members of Congress representing these districts, is automatically updated by the Sunlight Foundation’s application programming interface.
- We are pleased to announce that the tool is now available to all! Click the link below to open the Industry Footprint.
- For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access the Industry Footprint
Other APTA Maps
Bus Replacement Needs by Congressional District
APTA's Authorization Recommendations showed that the transit industry will need to buy 50,000 buses at a cost of $24 billion over the next 6 years. This will provide for replacing buses that outlast their useful life and grow the fleet to provide more needed service. This map tool shows the breakdown of bus replacements needed by Congressional district. Each district totals the number and cost of buses for each urbanized area that is part of the district.